Booking Terms & Conditions for Courses1. Courses are open only to fully paid up Members or Associate Members of IASI.
2. Applications will only be accepted from persons who will be 16 years of age or older by the commencement date of the course. Applications made by minors will not be considered without the parent's or guardian's written consent.
3. Applications must be made online through the IASI website and are only accepted with the required payment which is:
the stated deposit up to 8 weeks before the start of the course, and then the balance of the full course fee within 8 weeks of the start of a confirmed course;
the full course fee if booked within 8 weeks of the start of the course.
4. Courses are provisional until a minimum number of participants is reached. Members are advised not to make any travel or accommodation arrangements until a course is confirmed. Should a course not reach the minimum number by 8 weeks prior to its planned commencement, the course may be cancelled and deposits returned.
5. In the event of a withdrawal from a confirmed course within 8 weeks of its start date, the full course fee will be retained unless it is possible to fill the place with another participant, in which case the course fee will be returned less an administrative charge of 50€.
6. In the event of a course being cancelled by IASI, all payments to date will be refunded.
7. Courses may be offered by a Licensed Provider know as External Course Organisers. These are agencies approved by IASI to organise and deliver authorised courses. The terms and conditions of such courses will be stated by the Licensed Provider.
8. A list of courses and course dates will be maintained on the IASI website and notifications will also be made on Facebook. Information on courses may also be sent by e-mail, published in the IASI Newsletter or posted at the Ski Club of Ireland.
9. Bookings cannot be made before the booking facility on the website is activated. The course calendar will show if the course you want to book is already full, in which case you will be able to apply to be put on a waiting list without paying a deposit. Should a course already be full but not shown as such on the website, you will be advised and your name will be placed on a waiting list. If you do not want to be held on the waiting list, you should let us know and your booking request will be cancelled and your payment returned. Payment will only be required when you are offered a place.
10. On receipt of a course booking and cleared funds to cover the deposit/course fee, your booking will be acknowledged and you will be advised of the status of the course - provisional or confirmed.
11. Priority will be given to those on a waiting list for whom the module is their final requirement for a qualification.
12. Places on Level 1 courses,will be offered in this order:
applicants who are participating in the Pre-Selection course for Level 1 Training;
applicants who are participating in an Assessment Preparation course for Level 1 Assessment);
applicants who are participating in the Training and Assessment courses;
applicants who are participating in the Assessment course only.
13. The Board reserves the right to withdraw Course Notices and cancel scheduled courses at any time due to insufficient demand or due to other unforeseen events.
14. Should a course be changed or cancelled by IASI, only the course fee paid to date may be refunded.
15. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
16. By booking any IASI course, the applicant confirms that he/she holds the appropriate qualification, and has met all the requirements for undertaking the course.
17. IASI does not provide any form of insurance. Participants in on-snow courses must arrange adequate insurance for accident, illness, personal liability, emergency evacuation from the mountain, repatriation and any other relevant snowsports eventualities.
18. Participants in courses must provide IASI with emergency contact details at least 6 weeks before the start of a course.
19. Applicants confirm by checking the "I agree to the IASI booking terms & conditions" checkbox on the application form that they have understood and accepted these booking terms and conditions, that they hold or will arrange valid insurance appropriate to the course or module applied for and that they will inform their next-of-kin of the location and dates of the course or module applied for.